Monday, December 1, 2008

ukulele

this post is solely dedicated to my ukulele,
i cannot put into words how much music has saved me. starting with a cello, moving to a guitar, and then to the bass, music has gotten me through so much. and now almost 2 years ago i am now re united with my ukulele. Hawaiian for "jumping Flea", called so because as the players fingers moved across the finger board, their fingers looked like jumping fleas.
i have very little knowledge of players, but am inspired by 2 amazing ones. the first being Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole and his beautiful rendition of somewhere over the rainbow. a song that i listen to while i relax because it takes me to a place of peace. the second player being Jake shimabukuro, whos amazing skill is only topped by his passion for music.
music brings me to a different place. a place where all the hassles of life can be put away and you can just be happy. i think i forgot that, and now am reminded thanks to my trusty ukulele.

i love this piece of wood.
i miss hawaii

currently listening to
Somewhere over the rainbow( IZ tribute) - Jake Shimabukuro

No comments: