Thursday, January 8, 2009

the one book i enjoy

oh hi,
it is amazing to me the amount of negativity there is in this world today. i sit here asking myself, why can i be so happy in a time of war and depression? why is it that when shit happens i can stand up and smile? why is it that my desired profession is inching further and further away from me and yet i still keep truckin, still keep my motivation at where i think is its highest point yet?
ive been thinking these things for a while now and decided i needed a little re assurance. it is then that i decided to go out and buy a book called A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson, a book i originally read in the hospital, where i spent nearly 2 weeks and almost died from a staph infection. it not only got me through such a painful time but it changed me. all the negativity built up inside, hatred and built up anger, were released almost immediately. it cleared my head, and i believe it made me a better person. it just all made sense to me.
it talks about how love is one of the most important aspects of live. you may be thinking love in terms of love in relationship but that is not the only definition of the term. it is an energy, one that cannot be seen or touched, but only felt. an energy that can change the mood of a room or motivate the minds of the unsure or depressed. an energy that i feel is important to utilize in every day life.
halfway through rereading the book i am re inspired to help others. i realize now that i wanted to become a physical thereapist so that i may do so. ive pondered the many other careers which envolve this and i might look into counseling, or psychiatry.
"Love is within us. It cannot be destroyed, but can only be hidden. The world we knew as children is still buried within our minds."
Currently listening to - Everyday Struggle - the Notorious B.I.G.

No comments: